Making a Complaint

Sarah Dixon & Co want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service provided then you should inform Sarah Dixon immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact Sarah Dixon to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full Complaints Procedure here.

Our Complaints Procedure is also available by email on request and is included in this firm’s Terms and Conditions which are forwarded to all clients on the commencement of the case. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently. This will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and no more than six years from the date of the act or omission or no more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them. Their contact details are:

Web address:,
Telephone:  0300 555 0333 between 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Address:  Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

Please note that the Legal Ombudsman will not be able to accept your complaint if:

  • more than six years have elapsed from the date of the alleged act or omission giving rise to your complaint;
  • more than three years have elapsed since the time that you should have known about your entitlement to make a complaint if later than above; or
  • the date of the alleged act or omission giving rise to the complaint was before the 6th October 2010.